Friday, May 15, 2020

some sand in my sneakers--finally

over to the island by 6am when the public parking on the island o-fish-ally opened and was allowed .. the beach has been open for the past week so this gave me the opportunity to take advantage of getting some sand in my sneakers..  parked at 40th street on the west end... walked back to 38th street just to make sure I didn't come near anyone-- I didn't.. the 39th street beach access is still closed-- under re-construction ..   got to the beach and no one around.. saw 3 peeps to the East between myself and the pier.. looking West the dog-walkers were out and about already all heading down to Bird Island and the Little River Jetties  64* ..   the sun popped up.. nice to be back on the beach the proper way-- it made me smile .. it's been a while.. last time I was on the beach March 21st.. then the new rules kicked in prohibiting public parking and on the beach activities..  it was back over to the Mainland.. a stop at the Lake.. snapped a few pics as the fish were not biting.. a nice morning.. and I'm still smiling  :)


38th street Dunes walkway-- no one around
ahhhh-- the beach
more ahhhhh-- 'sand in my sneakers'
 mostly dog-walkers heading west toward Bird island



a washed-up Cannonball Jellyfish
and another
a beautiful sight.. sunrise over the pier
always makes me smile


a look from down low
another look from along the Dunes Walkway
leaving the island-- a look down main street after sunrise
a look thru my window--what do I see--from along the island causeway

Veteran's Park re-opens this morning-- no one around but moi
overlooking the ICW
and another view
Sunset Beach Bridge from Veteran's Park
2 commercial fishing boats just leaving the boat ramp

Green Heron lands near me at the Lake
standing on the Bird-Watchers deck railing checking me out
got too close-- so he squawked a little


Great Egret along the bank on the Intracoastal Waterway (ICW)

64* on the beach.. 61* at the house



No comments:

Post a Comment