Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas... Ho Ho Ho

wishing all my friends and family a very Merry Christmas.. enjoy the holiday.. and please also take a moment to reflect and think about all those in our Military protecting our great country serving away from home and their loved ones .. a big salute .. as well as those in Law Enforcement working today.. been there, done that.. be safe and thank you all for your service :)

it was a Ho Ho Ho Merrrr-rrrrrrry Christmas Sunrise on the beach on Sunset Beach early this morning... at least the rain and storms over the past 2 days had stopped in the overnite... a lil' kewl at 42* with a 15mph North wind blowing.. brrrrr.. it sure ain't the South Pacific or Caribbean.. but hay it's a beautiful Christmas morning.. plenty of 'once a year' peeps were out on the beach taking that Christmas sunrise pic.. more than I had expected with the Gazebo parking lot more than half full... yesterday I saw 1 other peep out there on the beach.. hope everyone has a great Holiday

as for dinner Pat made homemade 'Sunday Gravy' (ok ok 'sauce' for you non-Brooklynites) homemade from scratch Manicotti (man-a-goot).. Braciole(Brazzall) .. and Meatballs.. along with hot and sweet I-tal-yun sausage.. topped off with some Amerone I-Tal-yun Red Wine.. sure does taste like good ol' Ruffino Chianti--my favorite .. we'll be in the Tuscany region in Italia in late spring on another cruise to test those super Red I-Tal-yun wines out again as we usually do when we are there.. a nice relaxing quiet super Christmas day... geez I almost forgot.. --for Dessert some homemade I-tal-yun Struffolis drizzled with almond flavored honey.. and plenty of Christmas cookies too  :)

 on DirectTV  a lil' while ago.. a Christmas Classic.. 'Babes in Toyland' .. more commonly known as 'March of the Wooden Soldiers' with Laurel and Hardy.. watch it every year.. circa 1934 in B&W too.













a taste of Italia-- Amarone

hay who was munching at my antipasto

Manicotti  .. 'Managoot' in Brooklyn




Manicotti..hot I-tal-yun Sausage..Meatballs.. Braciole



Struffolis







No comments:

Post a Comment