Thursday, April 30, 2020

clouds.. and rain.. but all was not lost

with heavy thunderstorms forecast by 7am I decided to drive over to the island anyway-- clouds and all as I left the house at 6am..  a scant chance maybe I'd see the sun-- but after a 20 minute or so wait it just wasn't going to happen..  a nice 73* though.. short sleeves and shorts..  a few pics along the causeway on the island and I was off back over the bridge and a stop at the Lake about a mile away..  with a lower barometer usually good things happen when 'wetting a line'---it did not disappoint.. it was feeding time for the fish.. I landed 2 Largemouth Bass including a nice 'fatso'--- then the rains came down in buckets as I packed up my gear and jumped back into my car

a non-sunrise on the island
no one around.. no peeps.. no cars --dark.. uglee.. gloomy
the Canon 6d Mk II 10 second timer
the smaller Largemouth Bass
the 'fatso'-- fish that is
just before the rain started I make my final cast
an Osprey 'flyover' at the Lake


here comes the Rain

earlier 6am radar showing what's heading my way
73*

No comments:

Post a Comment