Wednesday, March 25, 2020

sure quiet on the Island--like a ghost-town..

was just advised by a friend about the Town of Sunset Beach going to a State of Emergency as did most all the towns along the NC coast up to the OBx.. since I didn't go out early yesterday because of the heavy rain and thunderstorms,  I decided to check the Island side of Sunset Beach out this early morning.. raining lightly as I left the house at around 640am..

NO restrictions as I crossed over the Sunset Beach Bridge to the Island side and causeway.. if there was the electronic sign that the town uses it would have been up as I got on to the Bridge.. the rain stopped.. temp was at 64*... got almost to Main Street near the Pier just after passing by a couple of Police Units parked when I noticed the electronic sign about 'No Public Parking' in the public lots or on the street-- lots of 'no-parking' barriers --see the pics.. made a right onto Main Street to head down to 40th street--'no-parking' barriers also up down there.. checked by a friend's house--all was good Jim S-- so with no possibility of a sunrise I left the Island.. it was like a ghost-town.. no one around..

I crossed back over the Bridge.. checked out the Boat-Landing parking area and small Pier under the Bridge..no cars around at all.. NO barriers anywhere either on this the mainland side of the Town.. same for the Veteran's Park across the street-- NO barriers in the parking lot.. that was it as I made one more stop just a half mile away at the Lake and my usual spot near the Bird Watching deck -- no one around so I 'wet a line' for the heck of it.. got one medium size Largemouth Bass.. snapped a couple of pics and sent him on his way--catch and release of course as I always do.. NO Gators today either.. after about 20 minutes or so no more hits so I packed it in and headed home-- the 'no-see-ums' won out

as always and just a reminder-- Click any Pic to make it larger


Town's electronic warning sign





at 40th street barriers

NO barriers at the Boat Landing parking lot
No barriers at Veteran's Park parking lot
medium Largemouth Bass




No comments:

Post a Comment