Monday, March 23, 2020

a bubba and a big bird

the forecast for early this morning--actually for the next few days-- has been for RAIN.. clouds filled the sky as I left the house at 640am and headed over to the island and the beach anyway.. never got there as I decided it wasn't worth it-- no sunrise possible with that uglee sky.. so I stopped at the Lake where I usually do most every early morning and as luck would have it the resident Blue Heron was there.. he didn't stay for long as I tried pluggin' slowly with a Yum Dinger plastic worm.. slow and e-z is good this time of year.. on the 3rd cast I hooked into this guy and landed him.. a 'bubba'.. or as my good friend Paul-eeee used to say 'sonnnnnnnnnnn' .. so this one is for you Paul-eeee  (RIP)-- 'salute'... snapped a couple of pics and he was on his way-- catch and release.. he was happy I was smiling.. stay well.. stay safe everyone

Length 21.6"  .. Weight  5# 12 oz

 

No comments:

Post a Comment