Saturday, January 11, 2020

a windy cloudy morning

on the way to the beach a nice before-sunrise at the Calabash River... no wind.. nice and calm.. until I walked on to the beach on the island.. straight at me at 15-20mph from the south.. thankfully it was 62* with overcast cloudy skies.... a none-sunrise but at least the rain held off that was in the forecast.. tried my luck at the Lake 'wetting a line' nada.. squat.. got home.. heard some loud banging up in one of the trees in the front yard.. I looked up and there they were-- two Pileated Woodpeckers were beating the heck out of the tree looking for goodies.. heck, it's Woody Woodpecker time.. ( old cartoon TV show way back in time from yesteryear).. for some reason the past two days been busy busy busy.. all the while trying to find a new truck to replace my Avalanche-- tuff stuff trying to locate what I want thru my regular dealer who I know for over 20 years.. can't order one --going away again so won't be able to take delivery.. then the order cutoff kicks in during early March.. -- heck with it I say.. look for a 2021 instead when I get back home in late May..

before Sunrise at Calabash River on drive to the beach

Moon setting in West
strong winds as I get to the beach

ruff surf rolling over
more 'Moon over the Dunes'
high tide and blowing wind for the dog-walkers

not much of a sunrise

Great Egret at the Lake looking for breakfast
he dunks
he has his breakfast
he's happy
2 Pileated Woodpeckers on a tree in my front yard






No comments:

Post a Comment