Thursday, March 28, 2013

a visit to Brooklyn

left my BIL's in Ronkonkoma enroute to visit an older relative  who is still in a rehab/nursing home in Coney Island, Brooklyn after breaking her hip back in January.. we arrived there about 1230pm just as she was fishing her lunch.. boy has she done well with her rehab.. she is walking  with the help of a walker and is doing exceptionally well.. much better than we expected.. she still has close to a month to stay there to strenthen her legs before they'll release her to go home... after spending a couple of hours with her we left and decided to go out to Fiorentino's I-Tal-Yun restaurant in the ol' neighborhood.. we've been there a number of times before.. and as for me.. I am very selective when I go to I-Tal-yun restaurants as most are not too good.. or at least not comparable to the food I grew up with made by my I-tal-yun Mother and Grandmother..with the place  nearly empty  we were there well before their nite time dinner hours started.. it was nice.. great food.. fried calamari... with dishes of linguini in clam sauce.. shrimp..clams..mussels.. calamari ..linguini marinara..and chicken marsala..  hats off to the chef..multi bene!.. unfortunately it was just before rush hour when we departed for the 50 mile trip back to Ronkonkoma.. traffic..traffic.. and more traffic.. I'll just leave it at that..






No comments:

Post a Comment