Friday, December 15, 2023

at the beach by the Pier at Sunrise

at least no wind this early morning at 31* as I decided to stop by the Gazebo access to the beach nearby the Pier on yet another 'kewl' early morning.. met some nice peeps including 'Tom the Video guy' doing his Tik Tok videos at  https://www.tiktok.com/@sc_outdoors60 -- he was originally from south 'Joisey' --I had to add some of my 'Brooklyn flavor' to that--he's living now in South Carolina nearby.. just a few other peeps walking about--very few.. as I was exiting the Island along the causeway nearby the bridge I saw a police unit on the side of the road.. I stopped and asked if Officer Lee H was working-- having known Lee for about 30 years when he used to fish on the Pier with his father  .. he said he wasn't working but that he was getting ready to retire in March.. I pulled to the side of the road and we talked as cops--and former cops do--being in my 'earlier life' working the streets in Suffolk County, Long Island.. turns out he was formerly a teacher who moved down from Nassau County on Long Island NY.. he was from the same town I lived--Oceanside-- after our family moved there from Brooklyn way back in June 1963.. what are the chances of that.. a small world.. he obviously was a lot younger than me.. we went to the same parish church--St Anthony's -- which happened to be on the same street I lived on back then--Anchor Avenue.. that made my day..  now to find Lee H before he retires--it is on my agenda





















No comments:

Post a Comment