Thursday, November 24, 2022

Happy Thanksgiving

what a Thanksgiving Day dinner.. okay so we ate at our traditional time ..2pm-Italian style on Sundays and Holidays ..Turkey.. stuffing..cranberry sauce.. gravy..  candied yams.. stuffed mushrooms.. mashed potatoes.. turnips.. along with the lil' bit of Italian I added to the mix--Amarone wine from the Veneto region of Italia.. just so so good and smooooth.. I actually opted for Raviolis or Manicotti today-to save a Turkey- but the Italian Chef overuled me as she always has to have the traditional Turkey dinner.. and that's why I always stay out of the kitchen.. and for those that know and can remember back to 1967 we ate on Noritake China -Dignatio series that I got in the Tokyo PX back then while on a week's R&R in Tokyo from Bien Hoa, RVN-- Linda Fine Brown might remember 🥰


as it starts

Noritake china










a nice Amarone





 
and yop it is still going on as I am watching it on my TV now thinking back to some old memories many years ago-- the 96th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in NYC.. I've only been there at the parade in person 1 time.. I can remember it well.. Thanksgiving Day 1965 drove my new '66 Plymouth Belvedere Convertible- mint green white top- top down of course- into the City with two beautiful friends.. it sure was a cold day.. but it was a fun time.. not sure if you remember Linda Fine Brown 🥰



our Thanksgiving Day Menu Nov 23, 1967 Bien Hoa, Vietnam
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment