Thursday, September 1, 2022

I made a new 'buddy' early this morning

 let me first say.. Happy Birthday Margaret .. hope you had a wonderful day.. wishing you many many more.. good sailing

found a 'new buddy' today...was walking on to the beach across the Dunes Walkway at 38th street--my usual every morning jaunt.. a super foggy early morning 20 minutes before the 647am sunrise..

as I was about 20 yards from the beach entrance I always look for Deer on the dunes.. nope not today..  very dim low light as I looked to my left and saw what appeared to be a dark spot that looked like a log about 50 yards away. just behind the last dune... I knew it didn't belong there as I pass by this spot every day... looking closer the log had what appeared to be 'ears'..    I yelled to it in my usual Brooklynese accent  "Yo.. how ya' doin' big guy"... at that point the log moved toward me getting within 25 yards of me and then he sat down  ..  as always Click on the Pics to make them Larger

the 'log with ears' turned out to be the resident 'Bobcat' ..haven't seen him in a while...  of course the lens I had attached to my camera wasn't a long zoom lens but a new shorter wide-angle zoom that I was trying out today--Canon 17-40L  ..  oh well.. here are the pics --as best I could get in the low light..   I edited the pics to brighten them up so it's hard to tell how dark it was

look close --unedited in dim light before sunrise in the fog

 
edited -- brightened up the pic --a log with ears

he's there...


a closer look at the Bobcat

now sitting up about 25 yards from me

a foggy early morning as I walked on to the beach.. plenty of peeps around as the sunrise was at 647am.. 75* with no wind.. plenty of FOG

can't see the Pier thru the Fog













No comments:

Post a Comment