Monday, March 17, 2014

a 'GREENIE' on a GREEN Day....Happy St Paddy's Day

been raining here since yesterday morning.. 42º at the Lake this AM.. NNE wind @ 10-15 ..a cold dreary rain soaked day but I decide to try my LUCK on St Paddy's Day.. be-gosh and be-golly..  sweatshirt with rain jacket.. this is nutz.. fugghedabouddit  but I didn't-- at least I didn't listen to the 3/4's I-Tal-yun part of me today

using a $1 dollar WalMart SpinnerBait in BLACK ( is there really any other color or non-color on a non-sunrise kinda day) on my third cast I hook up... not much splashing but it sure tugged a lot.. had to keep it out of the snotgrass..

got it to the bank and my old Penn rod snaps as I try to drag it out of the water and up the bank...  I had 3 rods rigged in the truck as I usually do.. a Yami 'woim' on a Uglee Stik.. a $1 Walmart Buzz Bait in Black on another Uglee Stik and this one.. of course he hit the old Penn rod.. at least it had 8#  Fireline Crystal rigged

I knew it was a decent size having caught a 4-8  early last week..

this fat GREEN fish--a Largemouth Bass-- was 6#--10 oz.. haven't gotten one
over 6#'s from this lake in a couple of years...

the LUCK of thee IRISH was with me this morning.. had two other light hits and that was it..  oh.. and NO Gators around  :)

hay.. don't take much to make me happy  :) :)


Corned Beef and Cabbage of course for dinner tonite with friends at our house.. gotta keep this Lucky GREEN thing going  :)

a GREENIE--Largemoth Bass 6#--10 oz

Catch and Release of course.. he's lucky too





am I nutz or what in this cold rain

$1 WalMart SpinnerBait

broken Penn rod

Lake-side just off the road

42º at the lake at 715am

taken with my Samsung Galaxy S4 camera ..pic in a pic
 

No comments:

Post a Comment