Thursday, September 1, 2016

Sandbags---> fillin' and baggin' a storm approaches

okay okay who mentioned SANDBAGS... "slowly I turn step by step..." flashbacks 1967 Bien Hoa.. filled so many of those fat bastiges back then.. haven't filled one since those days.. not one...and guess what I did today..our town's maintenance dept was handing out FREE sandbags and FREE sand --fill your own in case of flooding tomorrow with Hurricane Hermine coming up the coast from Florida.. I filled 6 bags..for the front and back doors..don't want to overdo it ...:) :) if it gets that bad ..our flood insurance kicks in... heck with it...and don't you know the local Newspaper Photog was there when me and a neighbor were fillin' and baggin'.. she was snapping our photo.. of course I had my Note 4 w/camera at the ready as well as my DLSR in my truck.. when she saw I grabbed the 80d she got 'camera shy'  boo-hoo..  so she made my FB page and my Blog.. she wasn't smiling.. na na na na na.. what goes around comes around... hahahahaha ..  a Woodstork landing in the treetop sequence at the lake this morning





Pete my neighbor fillin'em up
the golden SAND shovel

newspaper photog camera shy heading out

moi--1967 Bien Hoa RVN--plenty of sandbags










Woodstork landing in tree-top SEQUENCE













No comments:

Post a Comment