Sunday, January 17, 2016

UPDATE-- Desktop fiasco-- 'SOL-VED'

I wrote it off as DOA after many many hours of screwing around with this tech crapola.. burning the midnite oil nite after nite -- I wasn't going to give up--what started out about 10 days ago looks like I solved the Desktop fiasco... one or more updates seem to be the cause that drove the Desktop to auto-reboot after 10-15 minutes like clockwork.. all the searching and research on auto-shutdowns I did proved fruitless

I won't tell you how many times I tried to do a Windows Repair in Safe Mode..lost count got tired hitting that F8 key.. I uninstalled a lot of programs that I haven't used in a long while.. still no good..also many more tries at other possible causes like running my Malwarebytes and Norton Programs over and over again--no malware..no viruses.. all were nil..

I decided to uninstall the latest Adobe Shockwave Flash Update from the other day and disable all my browser plugins on both Firefox and Chrome..  one of those last few tries w*rked..

right now it is back to normal and hopefully will stay like that .. glad I didn't have much hair on my head when I started..

decided that the way it looks it'll only be a matter of a short time this old desktop will crumble soon.. will be getting a replacement using this one as a backup for as long as it lasts

No comments:

Post a Comment