Sunday, July 17, 2022

the beach.. and the park

after a couple of early mornings of not so nice weather--clouds and rain.. I headed over to the beach at 38th street on the west end with a couple of Bucks walking across Main street in front of my truck.. they stopped as they got to the house and started eating some plants then walking down the sidewalk as I grabbed for my camera while I was still moving in my truck.. not as many peeps as I thought there would be on the beach this pretty Sunday morning.. 75* with a 5-10mph light breeze.. I noticed a peep launching his 'model airplane' from the uncrowded beach-- haven't seen one around in a long while in this age of drones.. over the water it went.. doing flips and swirls.. he landed it after a while.. I wasn't that close to him --about 5 streets down the beach.. it was then over to Veterans Park on the mainland side of the Bridge.. a nice Catamaran happened to be passing by heading north along the Intracoastal Waterway also known as the ICW.. plenty of squirrels in the park right nearby me-- they were all carrying around p-nuts in a shell-- someone must have fed them.. temps up to 86* by late morning..







 
model plane landing at sunrise



model airplane







a Panorama 




a 'real plane'--NC Game Warden on patrol above the Park and  ICW





No comments:

Post a Comment