Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter



Happy Easter to all my friends who celebrate this day.. it was off to-- no not to the beach for the Sunrise this early morning as per my daily usual but to Church for a 6am Easter Sunday Mass at our local Parish.. all the early risers were there before the crowded late morning services for those who 'sleep in'...

back home after church for a taste treat.. already started with the I-Tal-Yun feast... in keeping with our I-tal-Yun family traditions Pat made 'Pizza Rustica' for Easter... been eating it since I was a lil' dood back in Coney Island, Brooklyn when my Grandmother used to make it.. later on for Easter Sunday Dinner it'll be Ravioli's with homemade 'gravy'--Brooklyn-style--okay okay 'tomato sauce' for the uninitiated---with the goodies...

it sure brings back some great old memories from back then celebrating with family and great friends especially on this Easter Sunday

homemade 'Pizza rustica'


                                            
and now it's 2pm.. so where are the Ravioli's... right where they should be on this Easter Sunday... an I-Tal-Yun Brooklyn tradition dinner on Sunday at 2pm... so mangia .. I chose Ravioli's over the super traditional Lasagna because they are my favorite... Pat put together her homemade from scratch Ravioil's-- NOT the store bought ones.. hot and sweet sausage... pork .. and her 'gravy' .. it was Extra-Sharp Provolone Cheese from where else-- Palermo, Italia-- it is so cheap to buy there-- unheard of --that we brought back with us on a recent Europe Cruise... Greek Olives too from where else Athens-- another 'bring back' in sealed cryovac ... and there was the lettuce from the salad-- from where else WalMart... hahahahaha..:) 

 to top it off.. just gotta have the Ruffino Chianti.. having just had some expensive wines that were given to us on this last cruise I always go back to my Ruffino Chianti-- why??.. because I like it.. my good friend Patrick who is no longer with us always used to say on the 'GG Forum'.. ''expensive wines are a myth-- just trying to impress others''.. he had his own International Wine Tasting Bizness.. what an Easter Sunday dinner... fantastic.. the dessert is later.. have to chill out for a while







Easter Sunday April 14, 1968---a few memories-old pics in front of my Grandmother's house on E 23rd St Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn.. 2 months to the day after I returned from RVN.. maybe a few of you on here might remember that old house-- I know you had been there back then .. GREAT MEMORIES ... I know I know it's the 'tie' ---yikes   .. and for the 'wisenheimers' out there.. back then I was a 31" waist-- 31" pant's length.. these days all I can say is I am still a 31" pant's length... hahahahaha !!!

moi
moi and my younger brother Bob
my brother and my Aunt Marie
1968 Plymouth RoadRunner parked at my Grandmother's house


No comments:

Post a Comment