Monday, August 1, 2016

Gator..Largemouth Bass and the Lake

on the way back from the beach I stopped off at the Lake on this very cloudy non-sunrise early morning..snapped my usual pics of birds.. squirrels and the like.. saw a commotion at the end of the golf course's Par 3 T-box.. had the 400 zoom lens so I snapped a few off from where I was on the grass near my truck at the road.... looked closer at the pics.. thought maybe he grabbed one of the Herons who were nearby.. 7-8 foot Gator had a 5-6 pound LMB in its jaws... tried to get closer but the Gators saw me approaching.. him and his smaller buddy went into the water... heck, at least when I catch a LMB it's 'catch and release'.. not so for this guy--it was his Breakfast.. the fat bastige-- and he didn't even have the decency to share it with his smaller buddy..







No comments:

Post a Comment