Friday, March 6, 2015

a nice sunny day ..to a not nice adventure

after a super pretty 73* sunny day yesterday I went into my garage.. picked up a piece of paper on the floor.. got lightheaded... all downhill from there including the temps that dropped like a rock into the 40's by 6pm

a quick story---got lightheaded while in my garage late yesterday afternoon picking up a piece of paper on the floor..went into the  house and checked myself with our blood pressure monitor..   heart rate spiked to 122 ..a lil' shortness of breath..NO chest pain though..chewed an aspirin.. told Pat.. decided to immediately head to Grand Strand Hospital ER in Myrtle Beach ..arrived there 630pm..the place was crowded --a zoo.. did bloodw*rk.. Cat Scan.. EKG...got admitted overnite for observation and stress test in the AM..
 http://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/aspirin-for-heart-attack-chew-or-swallow

finally got an open bed by 4am in Pediatrics--only one available.. Pat stayed over--too late to drive home--slept on the convertible pull-out lounge chair....they scheduled a Nuclear Stress Test at 7am but didn't do it until 11am ... all a-okay. ( it was the second one I've ever had -- last was 4.5 years ago) except for a Right Bundle Branch Block that shows up on the Heart Monitor that I was hooked up to--controls the elecrical impulses to the heart.. NOT an artery blockage of any kind.... Cardiologist put me on another med-- Atenolol-- to control any high blood pressure and lower the heart rate...let me go home at 4pm today...

 that is one crowded hospital these days...totally different than it used to be.. just became a Trauma Center ... but I have to say all the staff was A#1 fantastic and nice to us.. thank you Grand Strand Hospital

at home right now on my new meds.. all is well





No comments:

Post a Comment