Thursday, June 13, 2013

it's feeding time.. almost

got over to the lake before sunrise .. decided to stop at the smaller pond right next door first to see how the water looked.. I saw this Blue Heron hiding at the water's edge under a large bush... as I pulled up slowly before getting too close to him I stopped and almost exited my truck.. a 6 foot gator was on the bank about 10 feet away from me trying to sneak up on the Heron... hearing me he quickly moved into the water and swam off to the left..  I got out of the truck with camera in hand and snapped some pics of the Heron... as luck would have it a second larger 8 foot gator swam over toward the Heron  from the right side... today must have been feeding time.. the Heron saw the gator and quickly 'beat feet' and flew away .. the gator swam out  towards the middle of the pond then back again toward me... I guess he was not happy with me.... gotta watch those early morning encounters when it's feeding time.. the way I see it the Blue Heron owes me an 'early morning  donut'  for the 'heads-up'













No comments:

Post a Comment