Sunday, January 19, 2014

the winds are still cold.. the sun is up.. the birds are here

another cold 37º morning at the beach today...winds NW at 20... snapped a few pics and was on my way... stopped again at the Lake...actually at the pond next to the lake and there he was ..... one of the pair of Bald Eagles sitting in the 'Osprey's tree'.. or what used to be the Osprey's tree.. I walked as close as I could get and was under him...  took some pics.. he took a long look  at me stayed where he was then took off.. thought that was the end of seeing him for the day... went back to the Lake roadside.. waited about 20 minutes and there he was flying back out over the lake  and above me.. made one pass and decided to land back at that same tree near the pond..

have yet to see the Ospreys who nest in those trees back this season..  could the Eagle have kicked them out.. we shall see ..the saga continues




just sitting and watching me





high above the Lake



looking for some 'breakfast' below in the Lake
about to land


in for a landing

    
back where he started from
Great Egret landed in front of my truck after I pulled up to the pond

'someone' is a bit different among the pigeons
Cormorant air-drying his wings

No comments:

Post a Comment